What are we looking for?
Original Content: Content must be unique and original to HealthyBabyNetwork.com. We do not accept content that is reprinted or to be used elsewhere online.
Meaningful Content: We care about Mothers and want to provide information about birthing options, caring for baby, birth experience, breastfeeding (we will not promote formula feeding), and all that comes with being a new mom. We also want to share information that helps families live greener.
Word count: Posts run between 250-1000 words. Most visitors will not read a lengthy post so we generally want to stay under 400 words or have the article broken down into parts 1 and 2.
Tone: We do not participate in “Mommy Wars” or debates about breastfeeding or formula feeding. We strongly support breastfeeding and encourage respect for moms and women in the choices they make.
Acceptance: Since we do not compensate contributors for posts, we’re more than happy to include a byline and a brief bio with links to your website, Facebook, Twitter accounts.
Note: We do hire writers for special projects. Use the email below if you are a writer who is interested in being hired by us.
• We will not post articles purely for SEO. Your writing and your business or blog must be in line with our mission. We are happy to link back to your blog and social media accounts but your business must be related to ours and share our desire to help other moms.
• No swearing please.
• We want to hear from moms with real stories and who share their experience and advice. Honesty and a sense of humor are always well received.
• Our Top 10 lists and other “lists” seem to do well so consider that as you write and in the title
Submitting your post
• A Word doc is preferred with pictures as individual files (jpg, gif or png accepted). Please include links within the doc to ensure accuracy.
• Your brief bio with links to your site and social media links
• Please send any submissions to Support (at) healthybabynetwork.com