While preparing for the birth of my 5th daughter, I become interested in HypnoBirthing®, which I heard of through my doula work. My labour was comfortable & (almost) painless, I wasn’t even quite sure I was in labour until I was almost fully dilated….. I won’t promise a painless childbirth to anyone, although I do believe it is possible, however I love to know that so many women are realizing that childbirth can be calm & comfortable.
HypnoBirthing® classes are designed to prepare you in a positive and empowering way for the birth of your baby. The HypnoBirthing® program will teach you how to stay in control during the birthing process adopting an active role and using easy to learn self-hypnosis techniques.
Through HypnoBirthing®, you will learn everything you need to experience a safer, easier & more comfortable birth
- To learn that pain is a NOT necessary accompaniment to labor
- Proven techniques of deep relaxation to help you eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby with ease and comfort
- To create your body’s own natural relaxant, the only safe labor enhancement
- Natural ways to bring your body into labor without artificial chemical induction
- How to involve your Birthing Companion to be an integral & knowledgeable partner for your birthing.
- Shorten the phases of labour by several hours and allow the mother to use the natural rhythms of her body to breathe the baby down, rather than hard, exhausting pushing.
- Enjoy the birthing of your baby as the safe, beautiful experience that Nature intended.
There are also
considerable benefits to using HypnoBirthing®, which are
- Less discomfort
- Teaches deep relaxation to eliminate pain
- Shortens labour
- Fewer medical interventions
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy
- Techniques for a gentle, calm birth
HypnoBirthing® is taught in a series of 5 weekly classes, 2.5 hours each.You may begin classes as
early as your second trimester. Others finish their classes very close to their due date. Choose the timing that works best for you. Ensure that your HypnoBirthing® Childbirth Educator is ‘Gold Seal Certified’
by Beth MacKenzie, HBCE
Image courtesy of Kookkai_nak / FreeDigitalPhotos.net